Calcium Silicate Technical Information
Calcium Silicate often serves as the insulation for pipe supports in high temperature applications. Calcium Silicate is also known as Thermo-12/Blue. It is an insulating material composed of hydrous calcium silicate which, because of its light weight, low thermal conductivity and exceptional structural strength is ideal for the insulation of high temperature piping and equipment. Sometimes it is also used as block insulation. The pipe insulation comes in a complete selection of sizes. Block styles are available for application to various flat and curved surface areas.
Some of Calcium Silicate’s major advantages and applications are given below:
- Temperature Range to 1200°F
- Exceptional Strength
- Low Thermal Conductivity
- Easy Application: available sizes and shapes reduce the number of required joints and make Calcium Silicate easy to work with.
- Energy Savings: low thermal conductivity provides significant energy savings.
- Adaptable: Calcium Silicate can also be used on a various shapes and sizes of surfaces.
- Fire Resistant.
- Low Chloride Content: low corrosivity.
- Hot Line Pipe Supports in Power Generation and Process Industries.
- Indoor and Outdoor Piping and Equipment.
- Block Insulation – insulation of various flat and curved surface areas.